Prior to booking a service call with The Appliance Merchant, here are some handy tips to review to keep your appliances working efficiently:
- Always check the taps are connected from the tap to the washer and the water is turned on.
- Check the power is on & working at the power point
- Regularly clean out the lint filter
Fridges & Freezers
- Never defrost your fridge / freezer using a knife or sharp implement as you risk puncturing your evaporator
- If the fridge / freezer is operating continuously, check nothing is sitting in the way of the door keeping it slightly ajar.
Ovens & Stoves
- If your oven isn’t working, check the clock. Make sure it is set & not flashing as the clock often acts as a timer.
- Never use general sink or hand dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher.
- Wash out the filter regularly.
- Use a descaler on a regular basis.
- Never dismantle the appliance yourself as it will cost you more in the long run as we won’t be able to diagnose the issue without putting the appliance back together costing you time & money plus you also risk losing and damaging parts.
- When booking an appointment try & have the brand & model number of your appliance handy so the technician can come as prepared as possible.